Carneys Point
Municipal Court
303 Harding Highway
Carneys Point, NJ 08069

Phone (856) 299-1013
Fax (856) 299-8926

Court Administrator
Annmarie Brown

Deputy Court Administrator
Joan Reid

Honorable Jason D. Witcher

Contact Information:

Address: 303 Harding Hwy.
Carneys Point, NJ 08069
Exit 4 off of State Hwy 295

Phone: (856)299-1013
Fax: (856)299-8926

Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday 8:00AM to 3:00PM, except holidays and unexpected weather closings.

Staff: Donna Quirk, Violations Bureau Clerk

Court Schedule: – Court is held on Wednesday or Friday

Federal State Local
Manages & Directs
President Govenor Mayor
Creates & votes
on new laws
& House
& House
Governing Body
Decides cases
according to law
Supreme Court
Municipal Court

Information on the Court:
The United States is made up of three branches of government, which are the Executive, the Legislative and the Judicial. Each of these three branches of government has separate powers and duties, called the “Separation of Powers.” Separation of Powers is a system of dividing the powers and duties of a government into different branches. To help you understand here is a diagram of the Branches of Government:

The Courts are the Judicial Branch of government, whose purpose is to:

  1. Provide individual justice in individual cases
  2. Provide a forum for resolution of legal disputes
  3. Protect individuals from arbitrary use of government power.
  4. Deter criminal (unlawful) behavior
  5. Separate certain convicted persons from society.

The New Jersey Constitution, Article VI established the Judiciary consisting of the Supreme, Superior and Courts of Limited Jurisdiction, the Municipal Courts. Municipal Courts are a local court created by state law whose territory is confined to the municipality in which it is located. What limited jurisdiction means is that the municipal court can only hear the following types of cases, traffic, petty disorderly persons, disorderly persons and local ordinances in the municipality that the violation occurred. The paperwork for all other offenses will begin at the municipal court level, but if they are indictable charges they will be transferred to the Prosecutor’s Office to be processed at the Superior Court level.

Commonly Asked Questions:

1. Can I pay my fines by credit card?

Answer: If you have a payable ticket that has not gone into FTA(failure to appear or a failure to make payment on a payable ticket) or Closed status or you have an open traffic time-payment that has not gone into PSUS(proposed suspension) DSUS(suspension), RWAR(recalled warrant) or WARR(warrant), you can pay on-line at This only applies to traffic fines, at this time the system is not programmed for payment of criminal fines. There is a nominal service charge.

2. What do I do if I get a traffic ticket?

Answer: There are instructions on the back of your copy which will guide you on the process. Some Title 39 violations are payable and do not require a court appearance and can be satisfied by paying them. Some Title 39 violations require a mandatory court appearance. Then there are some payable tickets in which the law enforcement officer has checked the box (Court Appearance Required) on your copy.

Once you determine which category your ticket falls into you can then decide what to do.

If it is payable, pay the ticket prior to the court date written by the officer on the ticket.

If it is court appearance required and you want to enter a not guilty plea, call the court at least seven days prior to the court date the law enforcement office has written on the ticket. If it is court appearance required and you don’t enter a plea, come to court on the date the officer has written on the ticket. Please note: Any incorrect dates written by a law enforcement officer is not the responsibility of the court. If you have any questions and require clarification, it is your responsibility to contact the court.

3. Do you recommend I get a lawyer?

Answer: All staff members of the court have to remain neutral, impartial and can’t practice the unauthorized practice of law. The staff can’t give you legal advice and we can’t recommend a specific attorney regarding your case. What we can do is give you the phone number of the local Bar Association. You then have the option of contacting them for information on legal advice and attorney information.