Office of Emergency Management
303 Harding Highway
Carneys Point, NJ 08069
Non-Emergency please call
between the hours of 8am-4pm
Emergency Management Coordinator
Emergency Number 856-491-1246
Emergency Number 856-297-5445 or 856-299-4288
IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY SITUTAION PLEASE DIAL 911 IMMEDIATELY
IF A WEATHER EMERGENCY SHOULD OCCUR EX: TROPICAL STORM / HURRICANE OR A NEED FOR EVACUATIONS SHOULD ARISE, RESIDENTS WOULD BE NOTIFIED PERSONALLY BY ROUTE ALERTING, ALONG WITH INFORMATION NEEDED POSTED ON THE LOCAL CABLE TV CHANNEL 13.
REMEMBER TO KEEP BASIC SUPPLIES HANDY FOR ALL EMERGENCIES:
- Emergency light sources: Flashlights (and extra batteries), lanterns, etc.
- First-Aid Kit: Containing various bandages, aspirin, etc. (plus any medications that must be taken regularly).
- Portable Radio and Extra Batteries
- Baby Supplies: Such as food, canned milk or formula, and disposable diapers if needed.
- Food: That doesn’t need to be refrigerated or cooked, such as canned meats, vegetables, fruits, and juices. Store enough for several days.
- Water: Stored in plastic jugs or other covered containers. Plan on 1 gallon per person per day for drinking.
As part of the on-going update of the Salem County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan, a Preliminary Municipal Appendix is available for review that addresses natural hazard mitigation issues for our community. The Preliminary Municipal Appendix can be downloaded from http://nj4hmp.com by clicking on “Salem County” and then clicking on “Carneys Point”. Comments can be submitted via the “Contact Us” page on the website. However, please note that comments must be submitted no later than Friday, January 9, 2014.