Registrar of Vital Statistics
303 Harding Highway
Carneys Point, NJ 08069
Monday thru Friday
Municipal Clerk / Registrar
June Proffitt, RMC, CMR
(856) 299-0070 x147
Linda Jones, CMR
(856) 299-0070 x110
Alternate Deputy Registrar
Bonnie Warren, CMR
(856) 299-0070 x122
The Registrar/Vital Statistics office maintains the vital records of births, deaths, marriages, domestic partnerships, and civil unions that occur within the Township.
Services of the Registrar
- Certified copies of Marriages, Domestic Partnerships, and Civil Unions
- Certified copies of Births
- Certified copies of Deaths
- Burial Permits
- Applications and issuance of Marriage Licenses, Domestic Partnerships, and Civil Unions.
In order to obtain a Certified Copy of a Vital Record, you must provide the following:
- Copies can only be obtained by the subject, subject’s parent, legal guardian, or legal representative, subject’s child, grandchild or sibling-all of legal age.
- The person requesting copies must show proof of their relationship and identity. Acceptable identification consists of a valid photo driver’s license or photo non-drivers license, a valid driver’s license without photo and an alternate form of ID with current address. Alternate forms of identification with current address; Passport, Vehicle Registration, Insurance Card, Voter Registration, County ID.
- Payment of fee.
- There are specific fees for the issuance of certified copies, please contact the Registrar’s office to determine the fee and to answer any questions with respect to these records.
Marriage Licenses, Civil Unions & Domestic Partnership Applications:
Applications for Marriage Licenses, Civil Unions, and Domestic Partnerships may be obtained Monday thru Friday, between the hours of 8:30am-4:00pm. For residents of New Jersey the marriage/civil union license must be obtained from the Registrar in the municipality where either person lives. If neither party is a New Jersey resident, the application must be obtained from the Registrar in the municipality where the service is to be performed. Both applicants must bring the following information:
- Photo identification
- Proof of residence for each applicant
- Social Security Cards
- Birth Certificates
- If either applicant had been married or in a previous Civil Union, a copy of the divorce decree, proof of dissolution, or death certificate is required.
- Full names and spelling of both sets of parents, including maiden names and places of birth.
- A witness over the age of 18, who knows both applicants.
- Name and mailing address of the officiant performing the ceremony.
- $28.00 application fee. Cash or check only.
General Information for Marriage/Civil Union Applicants:
- Both applicants and a witness need to be present to complete the application.
- For applicants under the age of 18 years, the consent of both parents is necessary. A consent form can be obtained in this office.
- If both applicants are not residents of New Jersey, they must apply where the ceremony will be performed.
- Once the application is completed, the license will be held for 72 hours. After the license is picked up, it is valid for 30 days.
Where Should the Marriage Record be Filed?
- The person performing the marriage/civil union ceremony must file the license with the Registrar of the municipality in which the ceremony was performed no later than 5 days after the ceremony.
- Certified copies of the event may be obtained from the Registrar in the municipality where the ceremony occurred or from the Office of the State Registrar of Vital Statistics.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at (856) 299-0070, ext 147 or 122.
New Jersey Office of Vital Statistics